THE BODYーChallenging the Mysteryー
Human bodies are full of mysteries. The human being has continually studied their own bodies and persevered through challenging questions to understand how to survive and to unravel the mechanisms of the body. In this exhibition, we explain the structure and the function of the body, while examining the history of research efforts and meritorious deeds by our predecessors since the Renaissance. Here, we also provide a glimpse of the leading-edge studies on the body and appreciate how they develop.
- National Museum of Nature and Science (Ueno Park, Tokyo)
- Tue., March 13, 2018 - Sun., June 17, 2018
- Mondays(Except March 26, April 2, April 30, June 11)
- Opening hours
＊9:00-20:00 on Fridays and Saturdays
＊9:00-20:00 on April 29, April 30 and May 3
＊9:00-18:00 on May 1, May 2 and May 6
＊Last admission 30 minutes before closing
＊Opening hours and Closed days are subject to alteration. Please check the website before your visit.
- Organized by
- National Museum of Nature and Science, NHK, NHK Promotions Inc., The Asahi Shimbun
- Supervised by
- Kenichi Shinoda Ph.D. (Deputy director general of National Museum of Nature and Science, and Director of department of anthropology), Tadasu K. Yamada DMSc (Scientist emeritus of National Museum of Nature and Science)
- General inquiries
- Tel: +81(0)3-5777-8600 (Hello Dial)
- Visitor Information
- In this exhibition, human organ specimens are displayed in some areas to support a more accurate understanding of structure and function of organs. Such areas are indicated by notices, so please proceed to those displays only if you are interested in.
In this exhibition, photography is allowed only in designated areas. Taking photographs of such specimens is strictly forbidden.
Thank you for your attention and we hope you enjoy the exhibition.
- [Advance Ticket]
- Adults and university students ¥1,400,
Students of elementary / junior high / high school ¥500
- [Day Ticket]
- Adults and university students ¥1,600,
Students of elementary / junior high / high school ¥600
- ＊Tickets are available at the ticket office in National Museum of Nature and Science, the official on-line ticket service, and ticket agencies. ＊Tickets include admission to the permanent exhibitions only on the same day.
- ＊Preschool children are admitted free.
- ＊Disabled persons, plus one caregiver per disabled person, are admitted free. Please present your Disabled Person's Notebook or similar identification.
- ＊Changing, refunding, and reissuing of the tickets are not available.
- ＊Reselling tickets for commercial purposes is prohibited.